Monday, February 8, 2010

WE'RE PREGNANT!!


We are SOOO excited. I wake up in the morning and realize it wasn't a dream, I really am pregnant. We have been secretly trying since November and even though its only been a few months, the negative test results were hard to get. When we took a test on Thursday it was negative. But, I was CONVINCED I was pregnant and kept hoping. Friday night I was up all night severely cramping (this is normal in early pregnancy, due to your muscles and ligaments preparing for baby). I woke Andy up around 3 AM. I said: Wake up. I'm hurting really bad and there is NO WAY I'm not pregnant. This is NOT normal. We made ourselves wait til the morning to take the test. At this point, I didn't even need the test. I just knew. We took the test and fought over whose head was going to be directly above the results. I saw it first. Me: TWO LINES!! TWO LINES!! Andy: Where!?! (there was a very faint line). I don't see it!. ME: IT's THERE! I pulled the negative test out of the trashcan and held it up to the positive result. SEE!!! TWO LINES!! It took me a while to convince Andy that I was indeed preggo.

We had a grand old time making our way around town to various family members who were able to meet us spontaneously. We told family by giving them a giftbag with a pacifier in it, with the pretense of forgetting to give them one of their Christmas presents. It was one of the funnest days we've had so far. Waiting with anticipation until they finally figured out what the pacifier meant. Our mommas were the favorite. My mom cussed and then started crying. Andy's mom fell on her knees and said: Thank you GOD! haha. It was awesome. More to come. We made this blog with the anticipation of keeping various grandmas and family members up to date on what's happening with the now present Baby Kurek.

7 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATION!! I am so happy for you guys! Maren-you'll make a great mom :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yahoo! Congratulations! Thanks be to God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what wonderful news! Congratulations! I must admit, I am not too surprised. And ditto to the "You will make a wonderful Mom" comment! Absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo!!! We love you guys and couldn't be happier for you... trust me it's not possible :) So excited to go on this journey with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I was SOOOO hoping that you would be pregnant!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'M GOING TO BE AN UNCLE!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS GUYS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete