Tuesday, May 25, 2010

It's a Shocker!!!



"Well...can you tell? There it is." Of course I could tell, but she needed to tell us. "It's a boy." Ok, so let me just explain why I immediately burst into tears. I felt completely guilty. From day one, I thought it was a girl and imagined everything from the room, to the clothes, to the relationship we'd have as mother and daughter. I felt guilty for wanting that. So, after I had my cry, I quieted down and watched our son moving around in there. The tech was having a hard time getting a picture of his eyes and lips because his precious little hands were balled up in his face blocking her view. Andy and I talked in the car about it. Now that it has sunk in, I am excited. We are having a son! I'm sure our house will be trashed, loud, and insane, just like we like it. ;) And he will probably ride our dog like a horse. And probably be incredibly sweet, like his father is. I couldn't be happier. Really. I look forward to the days ahead where the realness of it really takes hold. I am 20 weeks today, so halfway there, and already looking ahead to his arrival. Now, I know who he is and I'm ready to meet him. And I'm in love with my husband and I see what an amazing father and role model he will be for our son. I can't wait to watch him in action. Oh yeah. His name. We've decided his name is Andrew Sullivan Kurek, and we will call him "Sully."

5 comments:

  1. Hey! Congrats! Don't feel too bad. I of course have no idea what I would think in your shoes but I'm pretty sure Ktown would be hoping for a girl too. Of course we all probably have an inclining for one or the other initially, it's just human nature. I'm sure you will love him like crazy once you pop that boy out. Heh, I'm sure you'll have your hands full (he will be the son of Andrew after all) but that'll just keep it interesting. LOL! Congrats!


    JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to you both! Andy and I were talking about it, and I could hear in his voice just how excited he was. Now I can't wait to go camping and fishing and hiking and playing sports with our sons! The Fearsome lives on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought for sure he was going to be a girl, too. But I am so excited just the same and I know little Sully is going to be such a little adorable bundle of love! I can't wait to meet him! Congratulations!
    Shannon
    P.S. I am glad I have gender neutral stuff for you to borrow! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted a girl before Myles was born. But from the moment I knew I was pregnant with him, I call the baby in my belly a "he". I just knew he was a boy. Now, he's 4 years old and I am sooooo glad to have my baby boy. The good thing about boys, from a mother's perspective, is that they are EXTREMELY affectionate and cuddly. A lot less independent, emotionally, than girls. They love their mama's and will want your love and affection EVERY night at bedtime, EVERY time they don't feel good, and at random moments through the day. Myles still wants me to hold him like a baby at least twice a day. He's 4 ft tall! lol. He will hold his arms out and say "I want you mommy" and I melt like butter. I scoop him up and hold him like a baby and he closes his eyes and tells me he loves me and I'm the "beautifulest" mommy in the world. He totally gushes over me and craves my affection. Just very sweet and needy. The relationship between a mother and her son is unmatched by anything I've ever seen. It is so pure and honest and peaceful. He will never let anyone speak ill of you, and will defend you always. They are so very protective of their mommy's. He will ALWAYS need you and you will love doing everything for him. Myles will never lift a finger in the house, as far as household chores, as long as I'm around. I love doing his laundry, cooking for him, making sure he has clean sheets, tidying up his room. I just love to baby him. Mother's like me are what every "potential daughter-in-law" dread. But I know he will not settle for less than a woman who treats him as well as I do. You are so blessed, you will never want to put him down when he's born. You will watch him sleep for hours. You will know he's gonna cry for you before he even wakes up. It's such an amazing thing. Congrats, Maren. Love to all 3 of you!

    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I told you so.... lol

    ReplyDelete